The Community Life team supports residents in their journey of living. Their varied responsibilities include: the coordination and creation of community events, life-long learning and enrichment opportunities, providing assistance for resident-driven programming and volunteerism.
The team coordinates and creates a robust schedule of community events, life-long learning and enrichment opportunities. Click here to review a sample calendar of events.
The Journey of Living
Opportunities for engagement
RESIDENT FACILITATED CLUBS
- Bridge, Poker, Mahjong & other tabletop game groups
- Book Clubs
- German & French Groups
- Mary’s Woods Players Theatre Troupe
- Musical Groups including Hand Chimes, Ukulele, & Recorders
- Welcoming Committee
- Wine & Beer Clubs
- Writers in the Woods
ANNUAL COMMUNITY EVENTS
- MLK Celebration
- St. Patrick’s Day Campus-Wide Pub Crawl
- Memory March Campus-Wide Parade
- Summer Games
- Veterans Day Service
- Holiday Bazaar
COMMUNITY LIFE HOSTED ACTIVITIES
- Regular tours to local attractions & events
- Wisdom in the Woods program featuring a multitude of educational lectures, discussions, and workshops
- Ceramics & other visual arts classes
- Musicality Presents… program featuring regular musical performances and quarterly Music in the Woods series
- Regular dances and social events
- Diversity celebrations and educational programming
COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES FOR RESIDENTS
- Timberline convenience store
- Monthly newsletter review & distribution
- Treasure Trove & Underground Store resale shops
- Healing Garden support guided by a licensed Horticultural Therapist
- Supporting resident engagement initiatives in our healthcare neighborhoods
Mary’s Woods Diversity Committee
The Mary’s Woods Diversity Committee began in 2013 and is made up of residents and staff. It was formed to position diversity and inclusion as a strategic component critical to the success of Mary’s Woods. The Committee meets monthly. It encourages people from all levels and all functions of the organization to participate in diversity initiatives and works to understand and value different perspectives of others by inviting special guest speakers, thinking openly and listening thoughtfully. In short, the goals of are: Welcome, Educate and Celebrate!
Mary’s Woods Diversity Statement:
Mary’s Woods is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse community that reflects both the mission of Mary’s Woods and the vision and values of the Sisters of the Holy Names. We work intentionally to create a respectful environment for our residents, staff and all members of our community that is welcoming for persons of diverse backgrounds, culture, religion, race and ethnicities, gender, age, physical abilities, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. Mary’s Woods thrives from the different perspectives and individual strengths that are essential to our success.
Approved by Mary’s Woods Board of Directors on 6-13-13
If you are interested in joining the Diversity Committee or would just like to find out more, contact either of the Co-Chairs: Stacy Sharma: email@example.com or Janice McGuire: JMcGuire@maryswoods.org
Interested in teaching a class, speaking or performing at Mary’s Woods?
We are always looking for interesting opportunities for our residents. Contact our Community Life team with your proposal. We look forward to hearing from you!