The Community Life team supports residents in their journey of living. Their varied responsibilities include: the coordination and creation of community events, life-long learning and enrichment opportunities, providing assistance for resident driven programming and navigation of Mary’s Woods support services.
The team develops programming based on Mary’s Woods own 10 Dimensions of Celebrating Life, adapted from the internationally recognized 7 Dimensions of Wellness.
To see how we celebrate life and the many engaging programs offered, browse our campus calendar.
The Journey of Living
Opportunities for engagement
RESIDENT FACILITATED CLUBS
- Wine & Beer Clubs
- Writers in the Woods
- German & French Groups
- Mahjong, Scrabble, & other board games
- Musical Groups including Hand Chimes, Ukulele, & Recorders
- Book Clubs
- Bridge, Poker & other card game groups
- Welcoming Committee
ANNUAL COMMUNITY EVENTS
- Resident Summer Party
- Christmas Gala
- Music in the Woods concert series
- Memory March Parade
- Holiday Bazaar
- Veterans Day Service
- MLK Celebration
- Red Cross Blood Drive
COMMUNITY LIFE HOSTED ACTIVITIES
- Weekly tours to local attractions & events
- Lifelong learning educational opportunities
- Regular speaker series on various topics including science & music history
- Ceramics & other visual arts classes
- Performing arts classes including theater & choir
- Musical performances
- Intergenerational programming
- Diversity celebrations and educational programming
COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES FOR RESIDENTS
- Timberline convenience store
- Monthly newsletter review & distribution
- Treasure Trove & Underground Store resale shops
- Bridging Hands massage
Interested in teaching a class, speaking or performing at Mary’s Woods?
We are always looking for interesting opportunities for our residents. Contact our Community Life team with your idea. We look forward to hearing from you!