The Journey of Living
The Community Life team supports residents in their journey of living, developing community events and activities, and assisting with resident-driven groups and volunteering.
The team offers a robust schedule of community programming, life-long learning, and enrichment opportunities for residents to enjoy.
Opportunities for Engagement
Take a resident-led workshop on relief sculpture in the Provincial House art room or participate in the annual Annual Alzheimer’s Memory March Parade. Mary’s Woods offers a variety of opportunities for residents to engage with the community.
Mary’s Woods Hosted Activities
- Tours to local attractions & events
- Ceramics & other visual arts classes
- Regular dances and social events
- Wisdom in the Woods program featuring a multitude of educational lectures, discussions, and workshops
- Diversity celebrations and educational programming
- Musical performances and Music in the Woods series
Annual Community Events
- MLK Jr. Day Celebration
- Veterans Day Service
- Juneteenth Celebration
- Memory March Parade for Alzheimer’s Awareness
- Holidays without Hunger
- Holiday Bazaar featuring local vendors
- Campus-wide St. Patrick’s Day Pub Crawl
- Summer Games
Resident Facilitated Groups
- Bridge, Poker, Mahjong & more
- Welcoming Committee
- Book Clubs & Foreign Language Groups
- Mary’s Woods Players Theatre Troupe
- Wine & Beer Clubs
- Writers in the Woods
- Musical Groups (Hand Chimes, Ukulele, & Recorders)
Volunteer Opportunities for Residents
- Monthly newsletter review & distribution
- Campus convenience store and resale shops
- Garden in the memory support neighborhood
- Volunteer on the Resident Council or join a committee
- Suppport activities in the healthcare neighborhoods
We are always looking for interesting opportunities for our residents. If you’re interested in being a speaker or teaching a class to our residents, please reach out. Send us an email at email@example.com or submit a contact form and select Events, Programming, Activities from the drop down.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Have a question or interested in scheduling a tour? Submit the form below: