Life at Mary’s Woods is stimulating, joyous and welcoming. It’s more than exceptional services and amenities, although those are in abundance as well. Amidst an environment that sets the standard for beauty, we add comfortable residences, spiritual enrichment and lively activities. The most recent addition, The Village features upscale apartment homes centered around a sophisticated Town Square with campus-wide transportation to a community center, Providence clinics, medical offices, boutique-style shops, meeting and event space, myriad of dining options, and a 9,000-square-foot Fitness & Wellness Center.
Mix in fascinating residents and staff, who work together to develop vibrant and engaging programs and events. The result is senior living for the Portland area that delivers something extraordinary: the satisfaction that emerges when life-loving people come together.
This is a nurturing and inclusive senior living community in beautiful Lake Oswego. As you continue your journey, it’s easy to find a genuine sense of meaning and purpose here. In keeping with our mission to attend to the whole person, Mary’s Woods is one of the few retirement communities that provide full-time spiritual care. We support residents at all levels of need, service and challenge. Here, people of heart coalesce to create a new experience of senior living.
Services and Amenities
Not listed among our services and amenities is the fun and fulfillment within our lifestyle – but it’s here to be discovered!
- Complimentary iPad upon move-in
- WiFi, resident business center, computer lab, complimentary computer classes or individual tutoring
- Libraries, game rooms, arts studio with a kiln, extensive woodworking shop, meeting rooms, lounges, music room, quilting studio, expansive auditorium with flex space, and theater
- Resident-led lectures, classes and tours
- Full calendar of social, cultural, educational and spiritual classes, activities and events
- Wellness and Fitness Center offering a wide variety of special programs and classes, indoor pool, spa, massage therapy, acupuncture and nutrition services
- Acoustically rich and historic Holy Names Chapel with seating for over 400
- Upscale Town Square with shops, restaurants, community center, and new 9,000-square-foot Fitness & Wellness Center with Providence medical offices and rehab
- Luxurious residences with lovely views
- Full-time concierge services
- Multiple dining venues for chef-prepared formal, private and fast-casual dining
- Convenience stores and resale shop
- Full-service beauty salons and barber shops
- Faith and worship opportunities for all lifestyles
- Bi-weekly housekeeping, interior maintenance and all landscaping
- Emergency call system and 24/7 on-site security services
- Utilities included and no property taxes
- Home Instead department offering licensed nursing services, personal and complex care services and companion services
- Beautifully landscaped grounds with walking trails, patio gardens, rose garden, theme planting areas, putting green, croquet court, and walking path to the Willamette River
- Travel opportunities
- Scheduled transportation to shopping, entertainment, and medical complexes
- Music in the Woods Spring Festival Series
- Complimentary Fire tablet & echo
- On-site Farmers Market
- Garden boxes
- Chefs Garden offering a variety of products harvested at the peak of freshness and served in our Three Sisters Restaurant
- Resident Portal to learn everything you want to know about Mary’s Woods, including programs, activities, dining options, and more
Write a new chapter and move your story forward amongst stimulating, nurturing and joyous people.
Life as it’s meant to be lived
Opportunities to make the most of every day present themselves continually. Take a creative writing class. Attend a cultural event. Get out and experience all that Lake Oswego and Portland have to offer. It’s easy to stay active and connected. Residents pick from an extensive array of enriching activities and programs that foster wellness and lifelong learning. Deciding which to choose is the hardest part. Browse just a few of the programs and activities you’ll enjoy in the list below.
- On-site educational courses
- Visual and performing arts courses taught by professional artists
- Studio spaces and wood shop
- Reciprocal relationships with the Holy Names Heritage Center
- Weekly tours to cultural events and regional attractions
- Weekly performances, lectures and special events
- Community birthday dinners
- Popular and classic movies every Saturday night
- Music in the Woods annual concert series
- Transportation for season ticket holders to the theater, ballet, opera and symphony
- Opportunities to participate in clinical research studies with university partners
- Computer lab with Skype
- Transportation to Lake Oswego and Portland
- Shuttle in the Woods — a free service that includes transportation to nearby areas, including Transit Centers in Lake Oswego
- Music in the Woods Spring Concert Series
See how we celebrate life
Our events calendar provides details of daily programs and activities that target personal health and well-being, both on and off campus.
— Joseph Campbell —
Mary’s Woods Maps
View maps of our campus and our location within the Portland area.
Beauty abides in our gorgeous natural setting along the Willamette River. Mary’s Woods was constructed to preserve trees and wildlife wherever possible, allowing residents to enjoy towering sequoia and fir trees, an orchard, walking trails, rose garden, and scenic spots along the river.
Mary’s Woods provides easy access to West Linn and Lake Oswego, as well as downtown Portland and the Portland International Airport.