Inspired by the vision and values of the Sisters of the Holy Names, Mary’s Woods is committed to exploring the journey of aging for all residents and community members. If you’re at least 16 years old (or 13-15 with a guardian present), you can be a part of the Mary’s Woods community by volunteering to help residents in our memory care areas. Volunteering is a great way to help others enjoy their day and find the personal joy of sharing your time and talent.
Please bring your unique talents and abilities to Mary’s Woods and join us in celebrating life.
Here is a partial list of volunteer opportunities:
- Friendly visitors for conversation, crafts or reading
- Companions on local outings
- Join in on community activities
- Meal hosts or hostesses
- Organize and host a special craft event
- One-to-one bedside visits
- One-on-one quality time with residents: do puzzles, share stories, learn about who the residents are
- Read and write for residents with low vision
- Offer basic computer assistance for residents
- Escort residents to activities and meals
- Support residents in water aerobics and water sports
- Music sing-alongs
For more information on volunteering at Mary’s Woods please contact: