Services & Amenities
Life at Mary’s Woods is stimulating, joyous and nurturing. Whether you spend quiet moments of reflection in shady spots around the campus, volunteer your talents, garden, attend or teach a class, or participate in religious services inside the beautiful chapel, it is easy to find a genuine sense of meaning and purpose at Mary’s Woods.
Many of Mary’s Woods’ amenities are located inside the Provincial House, part of the original building constructed nearly 100 years ago. Magnificently refurbished and now buzzing with activity, the Provincial House is the heart and soul of Mary’s Woods.
Here are just a few of the services and amenities you’ll find to enhance your life at Mary’s Woods*:
- Complimentary iPad upon move-in
- WiFi, resident business center, computer lab, complimentary computer classes or individual tutoring
- Library, game rooms, arts room with a kiln, extensive woodworking shop, meeting rooms, social lounge and auditorium
- Resident-led lectures, classes and tours
- Full calendar of social, cultural, educational and spiritual classes, activities and events
- Local, regional and all-inclusive international travel opportunities
- Resident vegetable and flower gardens
- Timberline sundries store
- Underground resale store
- On-site beauty salons
- On-site Umpqua Bank
- Picturesque walking trails, putting green, croquet court, horseshoes and secret gardens
- Bi-weekly housekeeping, interior maintenance and all landscaping
- Scheduled transportation for physician appointments, shopping, tours and events
- Campus-wide Lifeline emergency response system
- Volunteer opportunities
- Assistance with move-in
- Shuttle in the Woods service
- Full-time concierge services
Located right next door, historic Marylhurst University allows Mary’s Woods residents to enjoy joint educational and cultural events, special class offerings for less than 20 percent of the cost of tuition, and professional volunteer/mentoring programs. Speakers hold forums at both Mary’s Woods and Marylhurst University on topics such as healthcare, gerontology, arts and culture, science and more.
Home Care Services
For residents who could use a helping hand around their apartment home or villa, Mary’s Woods Home Care Services is the answer. Whether you need personal care assistance, help with medication or nursing services, you can count on our trusted caregivers to deliver highly professional care that’s customized to meet your needs.
Mary’s Woods Home Care Services is a comprehensive in-home care agency licensed by the State of Oregon. Residents are screened to determine which service plan is most suitable for their needs – companion, personal, or complex care. Each care level includes specific services, which can range from help preparing meals, keeping up with housework, shopping or grooming, to nursing assessment or medication assistance.
In addition, the trained and attentive home care services staff members keep physicians informed of any changes or progress in your health. The director of Mary’s Woods Home Care Services regularly monitors caregiver visits to ensure resident satisfaction with the service plan.
The Mary’s Woods Home Care Services office is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 503-697-6434 to learn more.