Programs & Activities
Our Programs and Activities staff have developed an enriching variety of programs to foster wellness and lifelong learning – both at our Marylhurst Campus and in your neighborhood. Residents enjoy everything from pottery, art and writing classes, to yoga and water exercise classes. We also organize a variety of special events on campus and tours to regional events and attractions in Lake Oswego and Portland. Plus, our weekly Monday social hour and Tuesday morning coffees are a great chance to catch up with your neighbors and meet new residents.
Here are just a few of the programs and activities you’ll enjoy through Mary’s
- On-site educational courses
- Visual and performing arts courses taught by professional artists
- Studio spaces and wood shop
- Reciprocal relationships with Marylhurst University and the Holy Names Heritage Center
- Weekly tours to cultural events and regional attractions
- Weekly performances, lectures and special events
- International and regional travel opportunities
- Community birthday dinners
- Popular and classic movies every Saturday night
- Music in the Woods annual concert series
- Transportation for season ticket holders to the theater, ballet, opera and symphony
- Opportunities to participate in clinical research studies with university partners
- Computer lab with Skype
Our transportation services allow residents to get out and experience all that Lake Oswego and Portland have to offer. Whether you’re headed to an appointment, out for an afternoon of shopping, or enjoying a play at the Lakewood Theater, Mary’s Woods is dedicated to helping you live life to the fullest.
We’ve also launched the Shuttle in the Woods, a free shuttle service operated by Mary’s Woods in partnership with TriMet. The shuttle provides public transportation between Mary’s Woods and the Youth Villages Christie Campus, Marylhurst University, the Lake Oswego Adult Community Center, and transit centers in Lake Oswego.
Concerts and Events
Our Music in the Woods concert series gives residents a chance to mingle and enjoy music by local and national artists. These semi-regular events are a great opportunity to invite friends or family to Mary’s Woods, meet the artists in person and relax with world class musical guests.
Click here to learn more about Music in the Woods.
Lifelong Learning Opportunities
Mary’s Woods provides an energetic and inviting retirement community that encourages self improvement and education. Our partnership with neighboring Marylhurst University allows residents to take part in continuous learning, auditing classes for free.