Giving Opportunities at Mary’s Woods
With the help of philanthropy, Mary’s Woods can continue to build on our unique heritage and values as we pioneer new approaches to active aging and care giving, lifelong learning and the full development of every individual at every stage of life. Please consider supporting one or more of the following fundraising priorities:
Ensuring that Mary’s Woods is a home for life will always be at the forefront of our mission and fundraising work. In keeping with our community’s core values of hospitality and compassion, the Resident Fund was established in 1999 to serve as a safety-net resource for residents in financial distress. Donations to the fund are added to a long term fund that offers assistance to those who, through no fault of their own and despite careful planning, can no longer meet their financial obligations to Mary’s Woods.
Mary’s Woods is committed to enabling its employees to grow in knowledge and competence through continuing education and skill development. Donations to the Employee Education Fund are used to create pathways to help employees advance and better serve Mary’s Woods and the broader community.
The Innovation Fund
This Fund reinforces Mary’s Woods position as a national leader in meeting the holistic needs of an aging population, while enhancing important educational, cultural and vital aging programs that serve as the hallmark of our organization. Through partnerships with local social service agencies, it allows us to develop relationships with senior members of the region who are in need of our expertise and resources.
Private dollars have a key role to play in leveraging operational funds for facility expansion and enhancement at Mary’s Woods. An environment of beauty is among our community’s values; donations directed toward capital projects help to ensure Mary’s Woods’ position as a leading senior housing facility.
Mary’s Woods General Fund
This fund offers donors the option of contributing to an all-purpose fund that helps Mary’s Woods meet its most pressing needs.
Ways to Give
Remember Mary’s Woods in your estate plan and become a Gold Medallion member:
Make a bequest in your will or living trust:
- Add Mary’s Woods as a beneficiary designation for your IRA, retirement plan or life insurance policy.
- Consider establishing a charitable gift annuity with a gift of $10,000 or more, or funding a charitable remainder trust.
- Residents may assign a percentage of the refundable portion of their entrance fee to Mary’s Woods through the resident-driven Give 10 program. This revokable commitment can be changed at any time, should one’s circumstances or financial needs change.
Make a tax-deductible outright donation of cash or stocks:
- Donors of $500 or more are recognized as Silver Medallion Club members.
- GIVE NOW online, mail your donation, or consider setting up an automatic monthly deduction from your checking account.
- Honor or memorialize a friend, neighbor or loved one with a tribute gift or luminary.
- Support special events like the Holiday Gala or Home Tour.