Volunteer with Mary’s Woods!
Inspired by the vision and values of the Sisters of the Holy Names, Mary’s Woods is committed to exploring the journey of aging for all residents and community members. In addition to independent living residences, Mary’s Woods includes living facilities within our skilled nursing unit and a secured memory care area.
If you are at least 16* years old, you can be a part of the Mary’s Woods community by volunteering to help residents in our skilled nursing and memory care areas. Volunteering is a great way to help others enjoy their day and find the personal joy of sharing your time and talent.
Please bring your unique talents and abilities to Mary’s Woods and join us in celebrating life!
A partial list of volunteer opportunities:
- Friendly visitors for conversation, crafts or reading
- Music visitors for sing a longs
- Companions on local outings
- Join in on community activities
- Meal hosts or hostesses
- Organize and host a special craft event
- One to one bedside visits
- One-on-one quality time with residents: do puzzles, share stories, learn about who the residents are.
- Read and write for residents with low vision.
- Offer basic computer assistance for residents.
- Escort residents to activities and meals.
- Support residents in water aerobics and water sports.
For more information on volunteering at Mary’s Woods please contact:
Or complete the Volunteer Application now
*13-15 years old with a guardian present